Virat Kohli has now become the second fastest batsman to hit 25 test century. He scored 25th test century of his career in the second test match in Perth on Sunday against Australia. Captain Virat returned unbeaten on 82 runs on the second day of the Perth Test. He was 18 runs away from the century. On the third day, he completed his 25th test century in 127 innings. Virat Kohli made many records with this 25th test hundred.
King Kohli has now become the first batsman to complete the fastest 25th Test in Test cricket after Sir Don Bradman of Australia. Bradman made a record of completing 25 centuries in just 68 innings 70 years ago. Virat completed his 25th century in 127 innings.
Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin Tendulkar and Sunil Gavaskar in the case of making 25 Test hundreds in the shortest innings. Sachin took 130 innings for his 25 test century while Sunil Gavaskar achieved this feat in his 138th innings.
8 fastest batsmen to reach 25 centuries in Tests
1. Don Bradman (Australia) 68 innings.
2. Virat Kohli (India) 127 inning.
3. Sachin Tendulkar (India) 130 innings.
4. Sunil Gavaskar (India) 138 innings.
5. Matthew Hayden (Australia) 139 innings.
6. Gary Sobers (West Indies) 147 innings.
7. Hashim Amla (South Africa) 155 innings.
8. Ricky Ponting (Australia) 156 innings.